Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Milestones

There is something to be said for milestones. Without them, how do we move forward in life? Each milestone marks a special event that makes us who we are. If we are lucky, each one makes a lasting impression, and we are able to look back and smile or even laugh. :)

Moving right along........ there have been two rather fun milestones in our family in the last little while. Lexie's first birthday was September 1st, and Jaelynn started her first day of kindergarten on September 2nd. The girls are growing up so fast. I used to think it was funny when I heard people say " I remember when you were this big." Now I'm the one saying it. How old do I feel?

We had a family BBQ for Lexie's birthday. She loved all the commotion and activity. When it came to cake time, she didn't disappoint. She loved to squish the frosting between her fingers and she ripped that cake apart. She knew just what to do when it came to present time. Although she did have a little bit of help opening her presents. (She has a big sister and several cousins that joined in the fun.)

Jaelynn LOVED her first day of kindergarten. Her favorite thing is meeting new people and making new friends. They talked about how everybody is special and different. She is not bothered by the fact that they have homework EVERY night. (Give it time.) She says it's okay because it's easy. She is very proud of herself and is having a great time learning.

Hopefully there will be more to come soon, but...... That's all for now!

6 comments:

Ty Pearson said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere! :)

Anonymous said...

Woohoo blogging!
Love your pics. Homework in Kindergarten? Hmmm...Quinton hasn't had any yet...

Anna said...

Hey fellow blogger! I am addicted to blogging. Check us out! www.ryanstaleyfamily.blogspot.com

Jodi said...

Oh My Gosh!!! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up. I can't believe it. Happy Birthday Lexie, and happy first day of school Jae.

Trinbean said...

ohhh yeah, I am so excited to see you have a blog too...aren't they fun!!!!! Holy cow, I can't believe how big your girls are getting....How cute!!!!!

Our Little Family said...

Hey! It has been a long time since we last spoke/saw each other. Your girls are darling. I can't believe you have one in Kindergarten. You are more than welcome to visit my blog anytime. YOu can even put a link to my blog on yours. If it is ok I want to put your link on mine. Keep in touch. Cori